Wednesday, January 03, 2007

We wanna wish you a Merry Christmas....



Being pregnant during the holidays helped me to see my favorite time of the year in a whole new light. Sure i was tired and grumpy but I also saw some of the joy and wonder that children see in Christmas. I am amazed at the things that my girls say and the observations that they have regarding Christmas. I enjoyed spending time with family and friends over this holiday season- our festivities begin early with a special Christmas day spent with my mom and Luke this time was spent eating yummy foods, sharing a moment and opening presents. Then 4 days later we (The Weaver) did our own Christmas. We made sugar cookies for decorating, and drank special sparkling apple cider in mommies glass cups, and than it was time for presents. The Girls enjoyed ripping open the packages to see what treasure are in side. Two days later we left for Yakima and enjoyed several days with family. This time is always a bit hectic but lots of fun. I thought alot about the meaning of Christmas and really wanted the girls to understand why we celebrate Christmas but i realized that there is a time and place for everything. We sang happy birthday to Jesus !

No comments: